Monday, October 7, 2013

Weekend Edition: Zirconia, NC

the sky's the limit

photo via Sarah Klein

This past weekend, I went apple picking with a few friends at Sky Top Orchard in Zirconia, NC. It's only about 45 minutes from Greenville, and the drive is absolutely beautiful with plenty of mountain views. The orchard was great with lots of good eats (pumpkin donuts and whoopie pies + apples, apple butter, apple donuts, apple cider and more), cute farm animals and even a bamboo forest to explore. Best of all, it was dog friendly; so there was plenty of cute puppy-watching to do if you weren't into picking. We had so much fun, and it gave me the opportunity to try out some of the new seasonal Afterlight filters on my photos. So far, Elm is my favorite :) 

P.S. 
If anyone has a good apple pie recipe, I'd love to try it out!





No comments:

Post a Comment