Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Easy Mother's Day Gift!

after all, a picture is worth a thousand words



If you can't seem to get quite the right sentiment down on your card, why not give your mom some photos?  Mother's Day is right around the corner, and I was thinking about what to give my mom when I realized that she probably hasn't seen any of my Instagrams!  My mom doesn't have a smartphone, so she sort of misses out on any pictures that I take unless she sees them here or I send them to her.  And, call me a traditionalist, but I still love to make things for my mom for Mother's Day, even if it's just a simple collage.


I was over at my friend Sarah's house and couldn't help but notice her adorable Instagram prints and arrangements,which inspired my Mother's Day gift idea.  I'll probably just arrange mine in a cute frame for Teesie, but Sarah had some crafty DIY ideas to share.


Instagram Idea #1

Print out your Instagrams. 
Cut foam board to size.
Apply with Mod Podge and display!



Instagram Idea #2

Print Instagrams.
Hang twine.
Arrange with mini close pins.



Sarah used the free Walgreens app, Printicular, to print her pictures.  It's easy, cheap and fast- plus, the quality is great!  Much better than waiting for those specialty sites to print and ship your pictures.


Here's how it works. After you download it, it's as simple as 1, 2, 3.  First, select where you'd like to print your pictures from.



Then select the images you want.  Each picture is only $0.39 for the 4x4 size and is usually ready the same day.  Do you have any good DIY's for Mother's Day?  I'd love to hear them!

No comments:

Post a Comment