Friday, March 15, 2013

Best News of the Week

plus other great things the internet gave us

image via Stereo Gum

Best News of the Week goes to me! And technically it's happened last week, but I never posted about it, so here is: Justin and I got Forecastle tickets! Forecastle is a little festival in Louisville, KY, held at the Waterfront Park. If you, like me, are too poor for Bonnaroo, I feel like this is a very fine substitute. The Black Keys are headlining and will be joined by: The Avett Brothers, The Flaming Lips, Alabama Shakes, Grace Potter & the Nocturnals, Animal Collective, Old Crow Medicine Show, Young the Giant, Big Boi, Matt and Kim, Purity Ring, The Joy Formidable, Dawes, Toro y Moi, El-P and Killer Mike, and Bauuer (of Harlem Shake fame) just to name a few. I'm really excited about the line-up; plus, I am fulfilling one of my new year's resolutions because I've never been to Kentucky before! Check out their newly renovated site (love the nautical theme) for more details; personally, I can't wait to find out more about this Bourbon Lodge.  


In other news....


First it was gifts, now you can shop for yourself on Facebook too

Even more Mad Men photos are out! Is it April yet?!

Buzzfeed published the philosophy of Karen Walker

This is how you correctly wish people a Happy St. Patrick's Day

Play-Dough got taken to a holy, new level

Design*Sponge came up with the best party idea

Remember when they cured that baby with AIDS? Now 14 adults are better too!

Book covers are different in the UK than the US

Staying warm doesn't mean you can't break out your spring clothes

The trailer for Kick-Ass 2 came out



Worst News of the Week is that we have a new pope.

P.S.
I'm going to visit my parents this weekend and can't wait to try this place out!

No comments:

Post a Comment