Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Mad for Plaid: Kate Spade Edition

Spring/Summer 2013


When it's not snowing in Greenville, the winter is actually pretty mild here.  Lately it's been 65 degrees at least once a week which has me pining for spring.  I stumbled across the photo above on tumblr (follow me!) and was absolutely smitten with this girl's jet set style.  When the February issue of Glamour came out, Zooey Deschanel was wearing a similar dress in her spread.  It turned out to be Oscar de la Renta, but my first guess was that it was from the Kate Spade Spring/Summer 2013 collection.  I love the way they did their gingham; the exaggerated spacing between the lines gives the print a sophisticated feeling instead of reminding you of a tablecloth.  Plus, they paired it with everyone's favorite color for spring, mint, and my personal favorite, neon.  When I looked back at the runway show, the fabulous Mondrian print caught my eye as well.    It's a bit of a splurge but such a darling way to transition your plaid prints into spring...Hey,a girl can dream, right?  The entire collection is available online and you can check out my favorite looks below:





images via Fashionising

Mad for Plaid: Gingham

Mad for Plaid: Mondrian

No comments:

Post a Comment