Monday, February 4, 2013

Homemade Guacamole

with a secret ingredient


I came home from yoga tonight, and Justin surprised me with homemade guacamole!  Since we didn't have any for the Super Bowl and he knew it was my favorite, he whipped up a batch to eat while we waited for dinner to cook.  And I promise, all bias aside, this was hands down the best guacamole I've had in a loooong time.  Better even than what I make.  Honestly, I would say this is the closest in taste to Chipotle guacamole that I've ever had.  When I asked him what went into it, I noticed there was one small but significant difference between the recipe he used and mine- serrano peppers.  These guys gave the guacamole a nice little kick that my recipe had been lacking.  This recipe is so simple but so delicious, I feel like it's definitely going to become a summer staple. 

Ingredients
3 avocados
1/2 tomato
1/4 red onion
2 serrano peppers
1/2 TSP salt
black pepper to taste

Directions
Chop the red onion.  Removed the seeds from the peppers and mince those as well.  Slice the avocados. 

In a bowl, mash together the avocado, red onion, peppers, salt, and pepper.  Seal tightly with plastic wrap and refrigerate until ready to serve.  

Right before serving, chop the tomato, fold in, and serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment