Thursday, January 3, 2013

Ladies, Obama's Got Your Back...Or at Least Your Vagina

Official White House photo by Pete Souza, via Business Indsider

Today, I had a really pleasant surprise.  I went to CVS to pick up my birth control prescription; and when I pulled out my debit card to pay, the guy behind the counter told me "Oh, there's no charge."  I stood there for a moment, dumbfounded, wondering what was going on.  Then something clicked.  Today was the magical day that millions of women have been waiting for.



If you're insured by a school or university, the Affordable Care Act might have kicked in for you back in August when your health care plan year started; but for a lot of people, the year didn't start until January 1st.  If you're unfamiliar with the details or want the fine print translated into plain English, Jezebel ran a great break down of the changes back in July.

For those of you without lady parts, this is a huge deal.  Having a vagina really adds up (if you don't believe me, here's a break down.); and it's a huge relief to know that as a country we're taking a step in the right direction towards de-scandalizing women's health issues.  Welcome to 2013 everybody, the future is finally happening.

No comments:

Post a Comment